Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Park (4/6/12)

You're probably like, "wait, isn't Ryan and Grace's wedding supposed to be next?"
Yes, it's supposed to be.
But it isn't.

I tried to do the wedding earlier today but it wasn't working for me. Hopefully I'll post it sometime later this week or something.

Anyways, I have never had the pleasure of posting something that happened recently.
What you are about too see, my friends, happened recently.
Friday, to be exact.

 I wasn't sure if I should take my camera or not, but I decided to take it. I'm glad I did, because I got a couple good pictures. You know, I'd rather take a few good pictures than a bunch of so-so ones. However, I don't want to post a post with only three pictures on it, so here are all the so-so ones alongside the good ones. Needless to say, I did not post the really bad ones.

(Now you're like, "Okay Rebekah, stop all the talking and just show the pictures already")

Wait...I have to give you an introduction first. 
Originally I was going to have the Olsons, the Beerbowers and the Cornwells to our house on Good Friday since there was no FNBS. Through a series of complicated events, it turns out we had everybody at the Olsons' house instead. But we decided to go to the park because we figured we'd get bored and squished if we stayed the entire time at the Olsons.

So we went to the park.



 Eric and Jonny wrestled. From the evidence that this picture gives, I believe that Jonny won.






 While we waited for the Cornwells to arrive at the park, Jeannette and I took pictures of the creek.  It was cool with the twilight reflecting in it. This picture of Jeannette is probably my favorite of the evening.



Jonny climbed a tree. A rather large tree, to be exact.


The Cornwells arrived, and Parker showed us the Lord of the Rings music book that I had found on Amazon  and that he bought because we are too much of Tolkien geeks.

And then the girls had a lively discussion about the Hunger Games, which was interesting for me because I hadn't seen it yet. Well, when I see it, I'll know exactly what happens.

Then we walked towards the woods, which had a path that we desired to walk on.

 
It was a rather cold walk. We wished the boys would hurry up already so we could go on the forest trail, but they were rather far behind, so we decided we might as well sit down on a bench.

                                                                                               I was rather happy with my 50mm lens right then. Sometimes it can just be so agreeable.


(The two bottom ones are not very good. The two pictures would have looked much better if they had all smiled, but I guess that's the subjects own fault)


Of course, no outing would be complete without a picture of Jeannette taking my picture...


Mercy being Mercy

The boys finally decided to make an appearance.
( Since the above picture was horrible to begin with, I thought I might as well have some fun with it.)


Stephen looking for Ben, whom we had lost (temporarily, we found him later on. I'm sure you're relieved.) due to his wandering. Well maybe he wasn't lost. "Not all who wander are lost". However, as far as we were concerned, he was lost from us.

We then left Ben to his wandering and walked through the forest trail. Stephen and Parker had a discussion on the Hunger Games.


We reached the end of the trail, and gazed at the moon.
 (I didn't mean for this picture to have all the streaky things of light, but a lot of times the accidental pictures can be the coolest ones)

This is not the sun. This is the moon. It was so bright we could see our shadows.

And this is where I stopped taking pictures. But, I'm sure Jeannette and Parker have pictures of later on so I am not too displeased with myself. If you're curious about what happened after the park, I'll tell you. After finding Ben, we made our way back through the woods to our cars. We left the park later than I would have liked (you're not supposed to be in parks after dark and it was waaay after dark). Then we made our way over to the Olsons new house and ate. Then some of us we played music for a little bit, but after a little while we felt bad for ignoring the rest of society and returned once more to the general public. Then, admist Ben's poor pleas, we watched half of a BBC Sherlock Holmes episode. Then we got ice cream and moisturized our eyes. Then we watched the rest of Sherlock. Then we left.

The End.



Hopefully tomorrow I'll have another post posted!



5 comments:

  1. Who moisturized their eyes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did...and I think Mercy and Stephen did too. It's a contacts thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it sounds disgusting. Especially in the same sentence with ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it's not like we went and moisturized our eyes WITH ice cream. That really would be disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "A rather large tree" is not exact...

    ReplyDelete