Sunday, January 6, 2013

365- Day 6

 I have a few pictures for today. Well, seven to be exact.








 Today a small group of us went to the Toledo Art Museum.

It was interesting, because it was the first time that I had actually looked at the art closely.
A lot of people would be like, "Why would you go to an art museum? It's so boring." I understand that a lot of people don't really care about art, and would be really bored if they went to an art museum. I'm cool with that.

But hey, I don't really care about oil paintings in that way either. I'm not an artist. I can't draw or paint to save my life. But if you actually look closely at the paintings like I did for the first time today, you'll see how incredibly detailed some of the paintings are. If you allow yourself to simply glance at the art, you'll be bored. You'll have no appreciation whatsoever, because you haven't taken the time to notice anything to admire. But if you stop and gaze at the painting for a just a minute, you'll notice how amazing it is.

The same with God's creation. In this culture, we want entertainment without any work. We don't want to have to stop and look for something to admire. We want it all before our eyes, and what is before our eyes, we take for granted. But have you ever stopped and looked closely at a flower, or a blade of grass? The more you look, the more intricate you realize it is. Something that was simply a blue flower becomes a display of God's glory and sovereignty and wisdom.

So, moral of story- don't be lazy. Look for the glory of God in everything- it's everywhere.

1 comment: